Lost and Found
Please stop by the lost and found to check for clothing that may be missing from your child's closet. Any clothing not claimed by June 13th will be donated to a local charity.
TVA students created posters in honor of our 100th Birthday - you may have seen them (and voted for them) at Open House.
The winners of the poster contest have had their posters published in a calendar for the 2017-2018 school year. Calendars are for sale in the school's office for $5.00 each, with funds going towards student scholarships.
Come get your calendar today!
We're in the home stretch of Library for this school year. The Library will be closed for inventory starting May 30th. Thank you in advance for helping your students remember to get their library materials turned in as this will make our inventory process much easier. Notices will be sent out the week of the 30th for students that have fines and overdue books. Fines are payable in cash only at the office. Please put payment in an envelope with your child's name on it and turn it into the office.
If your student has a lost book, it may turn up during inventory. If that happens, I will contact you via email. All charges for lost books will appear on your July 1st statement.
Important dates for the rest of the school year:
- May 26th - All library materials due
- June 9th - Last day to pay overdue fines. Fines not paid by this date will be assessed a $3.00 fee and will be charged to your last school bill in June
- May 30th to June 14th - Library closed for inventory and cleaning
- June 14th - Last day to turn in Library Materials. Materials not turned in by the end of school on June 14th will be considered lost and charged on your final bill.
Summer Reading at the Washington County Library
Registration for the Washington County Library reading program starts June 1st. Visit www.wccls.org for more information. While you are on the website, make sure you take a peek at the summer calendar of events. A family favorite summer event of ours occurs each Monday and Thursday from 4:30 -5:45 pm at the Hillsboro Main Library. Kids have an opportunity to Read to Dogs. The dogs are so gentle and they love lying next to the kids as they read. If you are interested in participating in this event, sign up early, they schedule fills up lightning fast.
This summer we will be having basketball camps in our school's gym. Space is limited to 30 students per week for TVA students entering 3rd to 8th grades for the 2017-2018 school year. The coach will be Mr. Jerry. The cost will be $150 per week per student which includes lunch daily. The camp will run from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. Your spot will not be secured until payment is received at the front office. Please pay by check or money order to TVA.
- June 19th to June 23rd
- June 26th to June 30th
- July 31st to August 4th
Hand Bell Camp
TVA is offering a hand-bell class this summer! If your student is interested in learning more about hand-bells, music theory and sight reading, this is the class for them. Students will participate in weekly classes and will be given access to a computer game that was written specifically for TVA Bells to practice between classes. Funds raised will be put directly back into the TVA bells program.
- When: Sundays from 4:00-6:00pm, July 9 - August 20, excluding July 16
- Where: TVA music room
- Cost: $60 per student
- Who: Students entering 5th grade through High School
- Other Info: The class is taught by Mr. Blackburn. A minimum of 8 students is needed.
- Enroll By: June 19. Email email@example.com to enroll or if you have questions.
The OBOB list for next year has been finalized. We are only running one division next year, 3rd-th grades. Students that would like to partiicpate next year are encouraged to start reading over the summer. Team sign up and formation will take place in September. Have a great summer!
3rd - 6th Division Book List:
- Blast-off! By Nate Ball
- The Case of the Case of Mistaken Identity by Mac Barnett
- Dash by Kirby Larson
- Ell Enchanted by Gail Caron Levine
- EllRay Jakes the Recess King! by Sally Warner
- Esperanza Rising by Pam Munoz Ryan
- I Survived the Eruption of Mount St. Helens, 1980 by Lauren Tarshis
- Masterpiece by Elise Broach
- Mystery on Museum Mile by Marcia Wells
- Poppy by Avi
- The Red Pencil by Andra Davis Pinkney
- We the Children by Andrew Clements
Summer Child Care
Attentions Parents! This summer Mrs. Somers will be offering child care at her home. If you are interested, please contact her at 503-329-6676.
Summer Office Hours
The school office will be closed Thursday, June 15th, Friday, June 16th and Monday, June 19th.
Starting June 20th, the school office will be open, Tuesday to Thursday 10:00am to 3:00pm.